Majestic Alaska with Cruise Inside Stateroom
Deal Number 12804779
Just go. Make your dream holiday your next holiday with easy Interest Free repayments over the next 9 months on packages over $999. For full product information please see our interest free page.
Explore the scenic river valleys and snow-capped peaks of Alaska, traversing Denali's tundra and the Alaska Railroad to Kenai Fjords National Park-home to Black Bears, the Harding Icefield Trail, Resurrection Bay and Prince William Sound. Cruise closer to Alaska's natural wonders-from calving glaciers to breaching humpback whales.
Duration 17 days
Availability From 22/08/2021 to 24/09/2021
Call 133 133
- CITY TOUR Anchorage, FairbanksCRUISE Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park and aboard a riverboat in Fairbanks
- ORIENTATION Valdez, Seward, DenaliSCENIC DRIVE along the Scenic Seward BywayICONIC TRAIN journey through Alaska's wilderness aboard the Alaska RailroadVIEW Historic Rika Roadhouse State Park, Alaska Range, Wrangell St
- Elias National Park, Mt DenaliVISIT Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Valdez, Seward, Alaska Native Heritage Center, the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, Riverboat Discovery, Wrangell St Elias Visitor Centre, Valdez Museum, Musk Ox Farm, Alaska Wildlife Conservation CenterCONNECT WITH LOCALS Be My Guest in Fairbanks at home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity (Day 5)DIVE INTO CULTURE Board the Riverboat Discovery to hear tales of the Gold Rush boom and visit a recreated Athabascan village
- (Day 5)LOCAL SPECIALIST A guide in Denali National Park reveals insights into the Subarctic flora and fauna of the park, experience the Denali Natural History Tour, and Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters will guide you through the process of panning for gold
- (Day 9,3,5)MAKE A DIFFERENCE at the Musk Ox Development Corporation where you'll learn how the promotion of qiviut production is a sustainable agricultural practice and at the Alaska Wildlife Centre
- (Day 8)
- 16 full breakfasts8 lunches11 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights
- From 22/08/2021 to 24/09/2021
Welcome to the edge of the wilderness - to a city surrounded by uninhabited landscapes and the perfect springboard to an epic adventure through Alaska.
Spend the day recovering from your journey before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.
We start your morning with a 'Make A Difference' experience during your afternoon stop at the Musk Ox Farm.
Here you'll join a Local Specialist for a guided tour to view the Arctic Musk Oxen and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture practice. Continue your journey crossing Thompson Pass, one of the snowiest places in Alaska.
Delve into the heritage and culture of Valdez, the Copper River Basin and Prince William Sound during this morning's visit to the Valdez Museum.
Later, keep a keen eye out for seals, otters, sea lions and porpoises as you cruise around Prince William Sound, admiring the plunging ice cliffs of Columbia Glacier which have calved giant icebergs into the bay. Enjoy lunch against the backdrop of your wild surrounds before returning to Valdez, your home for a second night.
Today we journey North as you carve your way through this rugged state along the Richardson Highway, the first major road built in Alaska, you'll encounter the snow-capped summits of the Alaska Range, expansive glaciers and the Trans Alaska Pipeline which runs parallel to the highway.
Stretch your legs during a brief stop at the Historic Rika Roadhouse, an important crossroads for travellers, and the Wrangell St. Elias Visitors Center, before arriving in Fairbanks, alaska’s Northern Lights capital.
After breakfast, you will enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks, Alaska's "Golden Heart" city.
Then you'll be digging into insights of Alaska's Gold Rush.'Dive into Culture' with Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters who will guide you through the process of panning for gold in real Alaskan paydirt. Then, you are boarding the Riverboat Discovery to visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village. To conclude your day, enjoy a special visit to the home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a 'Be My Guest' dinner experience.
This morning we'll board a deluxe dome railcar on the Alaska Railroad, and make our way to the majesty of Denali National Park.
A delicious breakfast is served aboard the train whilst the beautiful Alaska scenery passes by. On arrival in Denali National a Local Specialist will reveal insights into the rare subarctic flora and fauna of the park.
This evening enjoy dinner with your fellow travelers at a local restaurant.
Embark on an extensive Denali Natural History Tour during which you'll learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America's highest peak.
You'll have the whole afternoon free to participate in an array of optional activities.
See Denali's incredible landscapes on a helicopter flight, battle the wild waters of the Nenana. River or join one of the free Denali National Park Service Programs.
We begin our return journey to Anchorage this morning en route we visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you'll gain a deeper understanding of Alaska's 11 major cultural groups through storytelling and authentic demonstrations.
Continue your journey, arriving in Anchorage later today where you will enjoy a memorable dinner at a local restaurant.
We journey along the Scenic Seward Byway this morning to the port community of Seward.
Our first stop is a 'Make a Difference' the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where a Local Specialist will reveal the role of this wildlife rehabilitation centre. Next up is a sightseeing cruise, including lunch, into the icy heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Share the waters with Humpback whales and glacial icebergs as you enjoy a lunch onboard.
Visit a wildlife rehabilitation centre before embarking on a sightseeing cruise into the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park with lunch made of local, fresh ingredients while marvelling at wildlife and glaciers.
Then bid farewell to your Travel Director as you board your Holland America Line cruise ship and set sail.
Enjoy the facilities on board ship today during this day at sea and keep your eyes open for abundant wildlife and maybe even one of the 40-ton humpback whales.
Watch as Glacier Bay National Park's immense glaciers, towering peaks and icy rivers pass you by.
Haines is home to autumn's Alaska Bald Eagle Festival and lies alongside the longest fjord in the U.
S. Visit the quaint downtown.
Stroll Juneau's picturesque streets, stopping in eclectic shops and saloons from the Gold Rush era.
Perhaps embark on an optional trip on the Mount Roberts Tramway for exhilarating views of the harbour and nearby mountains.
Check out the world's largest collection of standing totem poles, intricately carved with native designs.
Perhaps take an optional guided tour through town or a floatplane flightseeing trip.
Revel in the scenery as you slowly glide past a maze of bays, glacier-carved fjords and waterways protected from the open sea by rugged, isolated islands.
Sail into Vancouver Harbour early this morning.
After disembarking, take your transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the hotel if you wish to extend your stay.
Departure dates and Pricing
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Sun 22nd August, 202122/08/2021||Tue 7th September, 202107/09/2021||Sold Out|
Per person from$0*
|Sun 29th August, 202129/08/2021||Tue 14th September, 202114/09/2021||Sold Out|
Per person from$0*
|Departure Date||Return Date||Availability||Price||Enquire|
|Wed 8th September, 202108/09/2021||Fri 24th September, 202124/09/2021||Sold Out|
Per person from$0*
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 30 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
Contact an Expert to find out more about this tour and other amazing tours!
From quick getaways to dream holidays
We're the biggest travel agency south of the equator with access to destinations right around the world. Anywhere you want to go, we can take you there.
Book Now Pay Later!
Where ever you want to fly, cruise, tour or stay, you can holiday sooner with our Interest Free Holidays.
Real People, Real Experience, Real Easy
Our Travel Experts love travel as much as you do. Book with us, knowing you're getting the best advice from the best in the business.